Don't miss out on an SAR Membership!
As a member of the School for Advanced Research (SAR), you have access to a wide variety of opportunities, depending on your level of membership. The full list of benefits for each membership level is available here.
You can make an even greater impact by joining our President’s Circle leadership giving society.
In response to our growing audience, we have created new opportunities for members to access SAR’s virtual programs and have updated and streamlined our membership program to better serve you.
Membership benefits you can enjoy now:
- Invitations to SAR’s online events and talks. See our calendar here.
- Invitations to our Member Conversations through the Creative Thought Forum and SAR Impacts.
- Opportunities to participate in members-only online classes.
- 20% discount on all SAR Press publications. SAR Press is one of the premier publishers in anthropology, Southwest culture and history, and Native art. Browse our entire collection here.
- SAR Now, a bi-annual print newsletter.
- This Month at SAR e-newsletter. Members receive a monthly e-newsletter with updates on SAR activities and programs, alumni news, as well as calendar listings and upcoming events. Sign up here.
- SAR Connects Weekly Digest, an e-mail bulletin connecting you with the work of SAR’s scholars and artists. Sign up here.
- The SAR Insider, a quarterly members-only e-mail newsletter.
- A copy of the Annual Report, a publication on SAR’s activities.
Once it is safe to do so, we look forward to gathering in person with you again.
Coming back soon…
- Invitations to SAR in-person lectures, talks, colloquia, and open houses.
- Opportunities to participate in field trips and salons. Offered several times a year, our member trips range from half-day trips to adventures lasting several days. Learn more about our field trips here.
- Free admission to SAR’s Creative Thought Forum lectures, excluding the Annual President’s Lecture. The SAR evening lecture series offers diverse and thought-provoking presentations from the world’s premier authorities. Members may attend the lectures free of charge. Find out more about our Lecture Series here.
- Free admission to public tours of the Indian Arts Research Center and SAR’s historic campus. Tours of the unparalleled Indian Arts Research Center collection of Native art and of the School’s historic campus are free of charge to SAR members. Come visit us when we open and get more information on scheduling here.
- Borrowing privileges at SAR’s Catherine McElvain Library with the ability to purchase interlibrary loan access. If you are interested in purchasing ILL access, contact Amy Schiffer at 505-954-7245 or email@example.com. Membership at SAR entitles you to use the small but valuable research library at the School, and members can check out materials to take home. Browse our stacks here.
- Members receive a 20% discount on all branded SAR merchandise including water bottles and hats.
Online renewal of your membership is fast, secure, and convenient. Consider upgrading your membership level to receive more benefits.
For more information on membership, please contact Amy Schiffer, Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 954-7245.