Don't miss out on an SAR Membership!
As a member of the School for Advanced Research (SAR), you have access to a wide variety of opportunities, depending on your level of membership. The full list of benefits for each membership level is available here.
You can make an even greater impact by joining our President’s Circle leadership giving society.
In response to our growing audience, we have created new opportunities for members to access SAR’s virtual programs and have updated and streamlined our membership program to better serve you.
Membership benefits you can enjoy in person:
- Invitations to SAR in-person lectures, talks, colloquia, and open houses.
- Opportunities to participate in field trips and salons. Offered several times a year, our member trips range from half-day trips to adventures lasting several days. Learn more about our field trips here.
- Free admission or a special member discount for SAR’s lectures and other events (excluding the annual President’s Lecture). Next up: the Humanities Festival: American Identities featuring lectures, music, film, and discussion. See the American Identities listings here.
- Free admission to public tours of the Indian Arts Research Center and SAR’s historic campus. Tours of the unparalleled Indian Arts Research Center collection of Native art and of the School’s historic campus are free of charge to SAR members. Find more information and schedule your tour here.
- Borrowing privileges at SAR’s Catherine McElvain Library with the ability to purchase interlibrary loan access. If you are interested ILL access, you can find out more and purchase the benefit add-on here. Membership at SAR entitles you to use the small but valuable research library at the School, and members can check out materials to take home. Browse our stacks here.
- Members receive a 20% discount on all branded SAR merchandise including water bottles and hats.
Membership benefits you can enjoy online and remotely:
- Invitations to SAR’s online events and talks. See our calendar here.
- Invitations to our Member Conversations through the Creative Thought Forum and SAR Impacts.
- Opportunities to participate in members-only online classes.
- 20% discount on all SAR Press publications. SAR Press is one of the premier publishers in anthropology, Southwest culture and history, and Native art. Browse our entire collection here.
- SAR Now, a bi-annual print newsletter.
- SAR Connects Weekly Digest, an e-mail bulletin connecting you with the work of SAR’s scholars and artists. Sign up here.
- The SAR Insider, a quarterly members-only e-mail newsletter.
- A copy of the Annual Report, a publication on SAR’s activities.
Online renewal of your membership is fast, secure, and convenient. Consider upgrading your membership level to receive more benefits.
For more information on membership, please contact Moira Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 954-7245.