SAR’s Catherine McElvain Library subscribes to an interlibrary loan network that allows us to borrow books and journal articles from academic and special libraries across the U.S. and Canada. The ILL member benefit add-on remains active for the duration of your current membership and can be renewed (separately) when you renew your SAR membership.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) access is a benefit for current Arroyo Hondo members and up. This benefit does not apply to Virtual memberships.
Here’s how the process works:
• e-mail the SAR librarian for interlibrary loan (ILL) requests
• members can make up to 3 ILL requests each month
• loan periods for ILL books vary widely because they are set by the lending libraries, and due to current conditions, can take from 2 – 4 weeks to arrive
• ILL books must be returned by the due date or ILL benefits could be revoked
• members may have a maximum of 6 ILL books checked out on their library account
• your SAR library account must be in good standing (nothing overdue) to make ILL requests