FUNCTION: To provide support to the president and Board of Directors in all areas of their responsibilities in fulfilling the School’s mission. This position is full time, exempt.
- Provide support for president, Board of Directors, and officers of the Board of Directors by coordinating communications, scheduling and attending meetings, providing logistical and secretarial assistance, and maintaining all backup documentation for future reference for the following meetings and committees:
- Summer and winter meetings
- Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Governance/Nominations Committee, Academic and Artistic Affairs Committee, and other board committees as needed
- Arrange to have all meeting minutes transcribed and shared with board secretary and committee chairs in a timely manner
- Update board webpage and related documents
- Maintain president’s paper and digital files, including sensitive and confidential information
- Assist with president and board social events in the Dobkin Boardroom, collaborate with Advancement Division as needed, and act as a liaison for special events on and off campus
- Coordinate president’s calendar, schedule, and availability
- Help manage president’s correspondence
- Manage president’s donor portfolio, keeping him up-to-date on donor relations (i.e., actions, schedule, and tasks)
- Make arrangements for hosting of president’s guests, on and off campus
- Provide logistical support to campus facilities rentals by working with contracted facility rental manager, caterer, and other pertinent SAR staff
- Oversee purchasing and sending special occasion cards, flowers, and gifts at president’s request
- Sort mail for president’s office
- Approve division’s purchases, assigning accurate account numbers to each invoice; reconcile president’s credit card statements for accounts payable
- Provide occasional assistance with major donor fundraising, mailings, and related correspondence
- Assist Advancement Division and president in managing relations with current and prospective donors through Raiser’s Edge database
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION: This position reports to the president of the School.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of seven years’ work experience in a similar position. Professional demeanor and presence in work and social interactions; ability to produce work of the highest quality; excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills. Strong sense of discretion, commitment, and responsibility. Experience with budgeting and event planning, superb organizational skills. Proficiency with software applications such as WordPress, Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge. Good leadership skills; capacity to work with a variety of individuals: board members, members of the School, and staff. Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as the School’s schedule dictates.
Salary is $45,000 to $52,000 annually. Benefits include 403(b) retirement plan and option to participate in group health, dental, life insurance plans at a shared cost with SAR; paid holidays, as well as generous vacation and paid sick leave benefits.
Application will be emailed in one (1) pdf file and will include cover letter, résumé, and list of three (3) professional references. Email to email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.