Position Announcement: Groundskeeping Assistant
The School’s Physical Plant division has an immediate opening for a groundskeeping assistant. This position reports to the physical plant director and assists with the overall care of the School’s buildings and grounds, including the central campus, off campus residences, and equipment, vehicles, and mechanical systems pertaining to the institution’s physical plant. This position is full-time, nonexempt, and pays between $14 and $16 per hour, depending on experience.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of all areas of travel by foot or by automobile keeping areas safe and free of debris, snow, ice, and other hazards
- Contributes to the overall campus landscaping, which may include planting, trimming, fertilizing, watering, transplanting, and other seasonal maintenance as necessary; maintaining gates and fences on all properties; removing trash from bins and enclosures
- Participates in the maintenance, repair, installation, and removal of the electrical, gas, phone, computer cabling, and plumbing systems as directed
- Assists with minor roof repairs
- Participates in the upkeep and maintenance of the interior of campus buildings as directed. Duties may include, but are not limited to: interior floor upkeep; interior painting and repair; furniture moving; maintenance of exterior wood work, via staining and sealing, and repairs to door hardware and window glass replacement
- Ensures safe operation of the physical plant and related vehicles, tools, and equipment; assists with the overall maintenance of the SAR campus
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED, ability to read instructions and write legibly, previous experience in landscaping, groundskeeping, building maintenance; limited plumbing experience. Must be able and willing to work in all weather conditions and on all locations of buildings. Must ba able to take direction, and work with diverse groups of people. Willingness to work long hours as needed and to respond to alarms as needed and directed.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter, résumé and a list of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org in one Word or .pdf document no later than Friday July 30, 2021.