Business Sponsorship Opportunities
We encourage businesses and other institutions to partner with SAR to sponsor one of our most popular public programs, the Membership Lecture Series. A sponsorship makes it possible for the School to offer insightful lectures to the interested public. Choose from one of four sponsorship levels and experience a world-class lecture series where famous scholars talk on cutting-edge topics and share their research and ideas.
This season our speakers explore the anthropology of the visual and look at some of the ways humans “illustrate” their world.
- Historian Davíd Carrasco reveals secrets of a recently recovered early 16th-century Mexican Codex painted by indigenous Chichimeca artists ― Sponsored by Betty and Luke Vortman; Starline Printing; C.T. and Susie Herman
- Anthropologist and photographer Daniel Hoffman turns his camera on West Africa’s diamond mines ― Sponsored by Verve Gallery of Photography
- Anthropologist Kristin Dowell takes a multimedia look at innovative Aboriginal Canadian media artists ― Sponsored by Flora Crichton Lecture Fund; Santa Fe Audio Visual
- Preservation archaeologist Doug Gann examines the Center for Desert Archaeology’s efforts to build a dynamic digital museum ― Sponsored by Walter Burke Catering
- Anthropologist Doug Schwartz offers an intriguing look at Arroyo Hondo Pueblo in good times and bad ― Sponsored by Karen Walker Real Estate; William H. Donner Foundation; Daniel’s Insurance, Inc.; Carole Ely and Robert Wickham, AV Systems; Garcia Street Books
Series Underwriter ― Thornburg Investment Management
For detailed information on individual lectures, Membership Lectures.
Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
- Business name appears on lecture-related press releases, lecture calendar, postcard/email reminder, lecture sponsor poster, and SAR website for the lecture you are sponsoring.
- Business is acknowledged at the beginning of each lecture by the SAR President.
- Business is acknowledged in the SAR Annual Review.
- Complimentary one-year SAR Membership + three guest cards.
- Sojourns, a semi-annual publication on the cultural and natural history of the Colorado Plateau – 10 copies for your business.
- Invitations to select SAR special events.
Contributor – $500 – Receives basic benefits.
Supporter – $1,000 – Same benefits as Contributor, plus business name listed in Pasatiempo ad for sponsored lecture, and an invitation to a post-lecture dinner with the lecturer and guests. Business logo and link featured on webpage for sponsored lecture.
Underwriter – $2,500 – Same benefits as Supporter, plus your business logo on sponsor poster and lecture calendar, and an opportunity to display your business literature at the SAR desk in the theater lobby. Business logo and link featured on all lecture series webpages.
Leader – $5,000 – Same benefits as Underwriter, plus your business listed as a sponsor for the entire SAR lecture series, a private tour of Indian Arts Research Center for you and your clients (up to 10 people), and an opportunity to arrange a private field trip for you and your clients (up to 10 people). Business logo and link featured on all lecture series webpages.
If you are interested in adding your name to any of these lectures or future lectures, contact the Development Office at (505) 954-7238 or development[at]sarsf.org