News for Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Position Announcement - Membership and Public Programs Associate
MEMBERSHIP AND PUBLIC PROGRAMS ASSOCIATE - DEVELOPMENT
FUNCTION: Coordinate membership and public programs of SAR. Plan and implement activities to maintain, increase, and acquire new members, including the coordination of public programs and providing quality customer service to members and other SAR guests. Prepare reports and maintain accurate data relating to membership and public program activities. This position is full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt, and will occasionally include evening and weekend events.
- Manages membership program, including cultivation of new members and renewal/retention and upgrading of existing members;
- Processes membership renewals on a weekly basis;
- Processes all acknowledgement and confirmation letters and accurately enters membership information into the Raiser’s Edge database in a timely manner;
- Completes handwritten thank you notes or telephone thank you calls as needed;
- Keeps membership information current on SAR’s website;
- Works with the overall development team to solicit corporate sponsors for membership activities;
- Completes timely reports on membership activities on a regular basis and as requested.
- Assists with planning of and completing logistics for public lecture series and other public programming at SAR;
- Coordinates all publicity relating to public lectures and other public programming offered by SAR in coordination with communications coordinator;
- Serves as liaison to SAR field trip tour operator, coordinates marketing of field trips to members, manages registrations for field trip participants; assists with logistics as needed;
- Schedules, registers guests, and oversees seasonal campus tours by training docents and providing background material to docents for tours;
- Generates reports on event/program attendance and follows up with attendees to recruit new members to SAR.
- Oversees reception desk and ensures the following duties are covered:
- Monitors the main phone line and greets guests and provides pertinent information;
- Maintains and sells SAR Press books and other SAR merchandise located in the reception center;
- Assists with FedEx packaging and arranging pickup;
- Prepares outgoing mail, picks up mail from post office and street mailboxes, and sorts mail for internal mail boxes
- Acts as backup for post office runs when guest services is unavailable
- Recruits and coordinates volunteers to perform duties described above in reception center when she/he is not available;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervised by director of development.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA or BS degree or three years proven equivalent experience in development; knowledge of local history, marketing, and public relations a plus; excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; working familiarity with social media and digital communications; Raiser's Edge software expertise preferred; Microsoft Office knowledge required; ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed; as well as the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, talking, typing, seeing, walking, hearing, grasping, repetitive motions, sedentary work for long periods of time, close visual acuity required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your application in a single .PDF to sandoval[at]sarsf.org. Applications include letter of interest, resume, and list of three professional references.