Membership Appreciation “Open House”
Special event for Members only
Event, SAR Boardroom
Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 4:00–6:00 pm
In gratitude for your support of the School for Advanced Research, please join us for this free event that honors your membership...
Welcome from SAR President James F. Brooks
4:00pm — SAR Board RoomMembership Appreciation Event
Meet SAR staff & scholars, view the field trip photography show* and enjoy light refreshments.
*Photography Show featuring digital photographs taken by members during SAR field trips. Please submit up to 5 digital photos to Jason Ordaz at multimedia [at] sarsf.org with the subject line “Membership Appreciation Photographs” by April 5, 2010. Before sending your photographs to us, please rename your digital photographic files so that we can give you credit during the slideshow presentation. Rename your files using the following specifications: last name, field trip name, and photograph number (e.g., miller_whiterock_2.jpg). Acceptable file formats are JPEG and TIFF.
“Behind the Scenes” Tours of SAR
Choose one tour from four unique areas of SAR’s history. Each guided tour will last 30 minutes, starting at 4:30pm and repeated again at 5:00pm. Pre-registration is required to participate in one of the following tours:
- El Delirio History Tour—includes White Sister’s Living Room, Dining Room (now the President’s Office), Billiard House, and Dog Cemetery.
- SAR Academic Life Tour—includes Seminar House, Library and Archives, and the SAR Press (formerly the Dog Kennel).
- IARC Navajo Textiles Tour—features selected Navajo textiles, along with a discussion of their history and preservation methods.
- IARC Zuni Pottery & Kokkos Tour—highlights our Zuni collection “pseudo ceremonial” pots and “Kokkos” (Zuni word for katsinas) that were recently reviewed by official representatives of the Zuni Tribe.
Film Noir & Members Social
4:30pm-6:00pm — SAR Board Room
- Silent movies from El Delirio to Chaco Canyon—Life on a Santa Fe estate, the 1929 Fiesta, and Edgar Lee Hewett’s 1932 Chaco Field School are depicted in four short films, dating from 1926–1932.
- 40% discounts on selected SAR books & merchandise.
- Raffle—win books, gift memberships, merchandise, and a free field trip.
- Light refreshments will be served.
Registration is Required. Call the SAR membership office at 954-7203 to register.
Download a PDF of the Membership Appreciation “Open House” flier (PDF, 3 MB).